As a machine builder and equipment supplier, you know that the requirements placed with regard to motors and drives are continuously increasing. You are used to obtaining components from Siemens, which allow you to fulfill these requirements. However, the following also applies: Increased power respectively an enhanced functionality of their components opens up new possibilities for you, which allows you to improve your products, plants and systems, offer your customers added value, and expand your market position.
This can only be implemented at reasonable expense to a certain extent within a device generation. One day you will be confronted with limits which can no longer be surpassed using existing technology, but require a new approach to be applied.
Regarding Siemens' proving MICROMASTER drives, this point has already been reached. They have therefore decided to replace the MICROMASTER drives by systems belonging to the current SINAMICS drives family.
SINAMICS: The system-based advantages
You will become faster -
* Simpler engineering with graphic commissioning, trace (oscilloscope function) and integration in the TIA Portal
* Parameters are clones instead of programming
* Commissioning Wizard with optimized user prompting
You will become more flexible and perform better -
* Wide range of hardware versions for various applications
* Integrated DC link reactor (dependent on the frame size)
* Standard USB interface to connect a PC
You will become safer and more efficient -
* SINAMICS with Safety Integrated
* Simple connection to the automation system and improved control response
* Consequntial cost reduction
* High energy efficiency
* Positioning technology function integrated in the drive (EPos)